ASEAN Tech Summit 2019
The city of San Francisco held its first ASEAN Tech Summit at the 500 Startups headquarters. The ASEAN event brought together investors, technologists and founders from Southeast Asia or those looking to invest or expand towards Southeast Asia. The main objectives were to introduce a common space for Startups, Investors and Venture Capitalists to integrate & interact with each other, exchange ideas, learn more about the Southeast Asian market & industry, and lastly help build future collaborations.
Murat Wahab, Director of SFAsia, was happy to be on the panel and speak at the ASEAN Tech event. The sellout event was attended by other GlobalSF and its subsidiary committee members - Jane Wachiradejkul, Advisory Committee of SFAsia, Laura Jenkins, Director of Partnerships, Leanne Lee Wang, Deputy Director of ChinaSF and Jessica Chin, Program Manager at GlobalSF.
· Christina Hsiang, Startups Greater Asia – Moderator and Lead
· Earl Valencia, Venture Advisor to Various Start-ups and the Philippine Government
· Murat Wahab, Director, SFAsia (City of San Francisco)
· Kyle Kling, Investor, MDI Ventures (Telkom Indonesia)
· Carol Mello, Regional Manager, Safeguard Global (International Expansion firm)
· Edward Ying, Telkomsel Planning and Transformation Director
· Tiffine Wang, Sr. Investment Manager, Singtel Innov8
· GJ Lao, Head of Techology, Primus Power (Series D Battery startup)
· James Richards, Co-Founder, Teleborder (acquired by TriNet)
· Michael Nguyen, Head of Operations, Bitmark
SFAsia would like to thank Earl Valnecia, Venture Advisor to Various Start-ups, Cognity Labs. Intudo Ventures, 500 Startups, Startups Greater Asia and STAC – Sillicon Valley for hosting and letting SFAsia be a part of such a fabulous event. We look forward to more such great events in the future.